You know, I am wondering now if Lucy is actually allergic/sensitive to all wood products.  She got constipated after I put her on pred and was feeding her just plain broiled turkey for a few days, as her intestines calmed down and she was getting no fiber. I then started mixing some rice bran and a little slippery elm into the turkey. She then had blood on her next stool, and now she is starting to have soft stools again, even though still on 10 mg/day of pred.  I remember trying slippery elm with her in the fall when her symptoms started, to try to stop diarrhea, and thinking it made her worse. I gave it to her for constipation this time, and I think it brought back her IBD symptoms (if that is what is going on). If this is an IBD flare-up, and not lymphoma, I think it was caused by the feline pine litter. And now I think she is worse because of slippery elm. Which makes me wonder if she is allergic to wood derivatives in general.

Michelle