From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 11:23 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Antonio

A well know chiropractor in this area (human chiropractor) charges only
$60 for
x-rays. He owns his own machine in his office. His office visits are
only $15 (about
a dollar a minute). Prices in health care are high because
pharmaceutical companies
and insurance companies have driven up the costs of the drugs, and
insurance
companies are willing to pay inflated fees to health care providers.
Because
insurance covers almost everything, the prices have gone up so much no
REAL person
could not afford to get healthcare on their own. Economy is driven by
people's
willingness to pay for the things they want. The more people want
something, the more
it costs. Supply and demand. When you factor in a way for someone ELSE
to pay the
bills, then you can offer MORE and MORE money for the service. Insurance
has caused
our medical system to reach an unsustainable point. The price shifts we
are seeing in
the veterinary field are in direct relation to the prices in the human
medical field.
Because lots of the drugs we use in veterinary medicine come from the
same drug
companies and from the same pharmacies as the human drugs, we have to
pay the highly
inflated price. Because the same x-ray machines and the same ultra-sound
machines
used in vet hospitals are the ones also used by human hospitals and
doctor's offices,
we pay the inflated fees for them. INSURANCE has made health care
unaffordable, for
everyone, humans and animals both.

Just to clarify my point, say you go to the grocery store and buy a
banana. You pay
maybe .20 cents. Now, out comes a new insurance, called grocery
insurance. You pay a
flat fee of $50 a month, and you can get all the groceries you want with
a small
co-pay (this might work in today's society because let's face it, how
many Americans
buy food at a grocery store... insurance companies are banking on the
fact that we
eat more fast food than home cooked, LOL! Health insurance companies are
banking on
more people not needing the services than needing them, that's how they
make money).
So, you pay your grocery insurance bill, and go to the store, You get
your banana.
The grocery store then bills your insurance company for the banana.
Because the
grocery store has to file paperwork, they have to increase the cost of
the banana,
plus a small processing and paperwork fee, of course. Now bananas cost
.70 cents
each. Now do this a hundred times... and you get the picture of why
health care is so
expensive. Someone who doesn't have grocery insurance can no longer
afford bananas!

Not exactly the same, but the same concept.

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us

The easy way out has a bad reputation.
Why would anyone take the hard way out?
"The door? No thanks, that would be the easy way out. I'm jumping out
the window."

Quote by: Les U. Knight

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.