Some in our group use Elavil ear cream - to relax a stressed kitty. Also of course, Rescue Remedy, as someone mentioned.

Gloria

On Mar 18, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Marylyn wrote:

Try Feliway spray and Rescue Remedy. The cat is very puzzled as to where he is and why. No one explained this to him. He may be used to staying up at night and have his days and nights confused. If this is so a vet may be able to give the adopter some sort of tranquiller to help the cat get turned around.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis
----- Original Message -----
From: Kelley Saveika
To: felvtalk
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:14 PM
Subject: OT - HELP, Cat crying all night long.

Hi all,

I adopted out a cat on Thursday night. The adopter called me today and said he has been crying all night every night and she hasn't been able to sleep at all. He is fine during the day, very affectionate, likes to give her kisses, but he will not let her sleep. I need suggestions, or else this adopter will return this cat. As he's a black cat, he is not going to have too many options. She is not petting him when he is crying. He is eating and using the litterbox. I don't know how to get this adopter past this. She's willing to try things for a few more days, but I don't think much longer than that.

Kelley

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20