The 18 gallon ones are easy to change out. I just use a skill saw to cut the u-opening. My cats have never been concerned about how neat it is. Evaluate the jumping ability of your cats to decide how high up the box you need to go. Dixie is so athletic that I haven't cut a hole for her yet. My mother used to put a very heavy drum liner in her box then put the litter in it. She thought it made the box easier to clean. An idea. I don't use one.

An after thought: If you go this route consider leaving the RM boxes open and in the sun for a couple of days if they smell like plastic (depends on how the store kept them). The odor can be a real turnoff for cats (and people).

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelley Saveika" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: pungent urine

Marylyn,

What do you cut them with?

I went to a rescuer's house that had HUGE long skinny rectangular
rubbermaid type things as litter boxes.  I think the only problem
would be changing them out completely as they probably held several
hundred pounds of litter each.

I need to do something about my situation though.

Not nearly enough litterboxes for all my cats, and if I had the
recommended 1 litterbox per cat + 1 I'd have to have a whole room with
nothing but litterboxes in it.