Yes, you know, I should have said that I washed it really well for about fifteen minutes with antibac and then poured on the antibac solution.

Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On May 25, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Pam Norman wrote:

DeDe, this is great advice. I was put onAugmentin last fall for a cat bite, a nip really, & my immune system was down from stress, & ended up with Cdiff (clostridium difficile).The Augmentin erased all the good flora in my GI tract. It was awful. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months & am still trying to deal with it. So next cat bite I will do what you suggest & not take antibiotics unless I really have to.

Pam

dede hicken wrote:
OK, this is something I know about!  Don't wait to see
if it gets infected. You need to take care of it. Wash it really well. Go get some phisohex (sp) scrub at your pharmacy. It is usually behind the counter. Ask for it. Soak it in betadine a couple times a day
after you have scrubbed it.  Bites are funny. My most
serious ones healed well, and the little one on my
finger sent red lines and blotches up my arm! My vet
sold me a bottle of GentaVed which is a topical
antibiotic for dogs.  Boy, does that stuff work!!!  I
usr it all the time now for serious wounds and any
bite.

BTW, if you see ANY signs of infection, go get
antibiotics, and get your tetanus UTD.  Oh, and make
sure Nod  doesn't get sick, either LOL.

Dede
--- Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was trying to put Nod in his carrier for his
dental today and
apparently he didn't want to go.  It isn't a
terrible bite, but it did
break the skin. He is current on his rabies.  Do I
wait and hope it
doesn't become infected?

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Gandalf!

http://www.firstgiving.com/gandalfkitty

I GoodSearch for Rescuties.

Raise money for your favorite charity or school just
by searching the
Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com -