Wendy,

Here's the breakdown:

I've had Grizzabella since 2001, and she was approximately a year old at
that point, so she's about 7.  She came from a rescue shelter that  went
terribly
bad, but I'm almost certain I had her tested and she was negative  at that
time, because I remember she came with an awful URI when I got her.  :(  Poor
thing.  But what happened was she spent about three years  with my mother.  I
had moved back home to help care for a terminally ill  relative, and by the
time
she passed, Grizzabella had gotten so attached to  mother and mother to she
that I couldn't separate them.  Bella came back to  live with me after mother
passed away in December 06. I think she likely  contracted the FeLV while she
was with mother, as she would often get outside,  and mother wasn't able to
chase her down.  She went to the vet several  times in that period for rabies
shots and the like, but they never recommended  FeLV vaccines, and I still
don't
know why.

As for Poppy and Penny, I'm certain they were negative when I got them, as
they came from Virginia Siamese Rescue.  They were kittens, so at this  point
they're almost 2 1/2 years old, and Bella has only been here about 8-9  months,
so I assume Poppy contracted it at somewhere around a year and a half to  two
years old.  Penny tested negative on the ELISA.  I'm going to take  her back
in 3-6 months and have her retested and insist on an IFA test.  I  say I'm
certain they didn't have it when I adopted them because I know how  thorough Va
SRC is, especially with the fosters I got them from.  I've  gotten to know
them, and I'm certain they tested.  I guess its possible the  test was a
negative
when I got them and they were in fact positive, but I kinda  doubt it.  I got
poppy at approximately 12 weeks old, and Penny at  approximately 8 weeks old.

As for the bleaching...the food bowls are nonporous glazed porcelain, and
they're bleached in the dishwasher, as dishwasher detergent has bleach in  it.
The drinkwell I can understand, though, being plastic.  I usually  dilute
quite a bit, but I'll certainly stop if you all think it could cause more  harm
than do good.  Thanks again!

Michael