I have heard not to test for fiv less than 6 months.  You can test for felv any
time, And at anytime they could have just been exposed and may test negative in
3-6 months after exposure.  That's at any age, although positive kittens who
had a known positive mother are less likely to throw the virus.  Kittens less
than a year in general are less likely to throw the virus.
  tonya

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I'm sorry, I should have given a cite for this. My vet says testing
cats of less than 3 months is not recommended. I can't find anything
on the Internet to cooberate. Anyone hear of this before?

http://www.rescuties.org