Hi. I just saw this. These were Isabella's exact symptoms. She had a high temp (got all the way to 107) and she was stiff (she acted like something on her side hurt and she would move with stiff legs ~ she would roll on her back and try push off from the wall to get up) and it looked like she was having spasms. She would cry out in pain if you touched her. It was horrible. I can't remember the exact term but the vet said her body was telling her she had pain even though she didn't. Anyway, we gave antibiotics and prednisone and interferon and pain killers and feline transfer factor. The antitiotics were in case she had an infection that was causing the high temp. She was also very anemic. We did an ultrasound and discovered her spleen was enlarged.

And, despite all this, she made it through. We thought it was time to end her suffering twice but we didn't and I am so glad. She had a rough first 2 months and then turned the corner. She has been doing great for 3 months now. She is currently on transdermal tramdal (pain) twice a day, transdermal pred once a day and gets feline transfer factor on her canned food. She takes interferon 7 days on and 7 days off. She has gained weight~ you can no longer feel her backbone when you pet her. She's a miracle kitty who was fortunate to have a wonderful vet who would try whatever it took and a foster mom who medicated her and sat with her and loved her....and who is now her forever mom!
Laurie
-----