in persians, who are predisposed to uri symptoms at any time, especially in shelter or new situations (stress, no noses to speak of anyway), zithromax has become the drug of choice: we don't even bother with the others for cats we pull from shelters, we just go for the zithro.

the other thing is that there's many causes for runny noses and goopy eyes, and unless you actually culture out the emissions, you can't be sure what you're dealing with--might just be that kitty's reaction to stress, might be allergies , might be a virus or bacteria. so once they're responding and feeling better and want to play with the others, i figure that's the best medicine as long as they aren't sneezing constantly!

MC

Gloria Lane wrote:
If he were at my house, I'd probably go ahead and mix him with the others. They've probably already been exposed anyhow. Sounds like he's responded well to your loving care. FYI - I also had good luck with a dose or two of Zithromax for kittens with URI.

Gloria