Get "Nutrical"- either from your vet, or a lot of pet stores have it- just ask
them for it.  It's a high calorie supplement for cats.  You need to be giving
this to him.  If he likes it enough, he may just lick it off your fingers.
Most cats do like the taste of it.  But to get the maximum amount into him, mix
it into wet food really good.  Also, start feeding him "kitten" wet food-
"Wellness" brand kitten is really really good.  Kitten food is richer, so it
may stimulate his appetite more and he'll be very happy getting it!  Most
important, kitten food is high calorie, whereas adult cat food is not.  He
needs all the calories he can get right now.

For a cat that is struggling weight-wise, the recommended amount of Nutrical is
a tablespoon a day.  If you can get just 1 tablespoon in him by mixing into wet
food and/or by him licking it directly off your fingers, that alone (even
without him eating food) with stave off "fatty liver disease"- which can be
fatal and is the most dangerous thing you face with a cat not
eating/undernourished.

I have a non-felv undernourished 6 mth old kitten (looks 3-4 mths though) that
I am nursing back to health- he gets a whole tablespoon of Nutrical added to
1/2 a small can of Wellness kitten food at night.  He's improved markedly- the
nutrical helps a lot.

Others can address your other questions.  Best thing to do is scan the archives
for subject lines and read those threads.  All you questions have been
addressed in previous posts and you will find these helpful.

Caroline

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:27:23 -0600From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: New to the list
Hi Emily,

Your only option is NOT to put him to sleep.

As far as the thinness goes, you can learn to syringe feed him.  Sometimes they
pull through episodes of illness and sometimes not.

I would have the brothers tested - but if they're going to be infected they
likely already have been, since they have been together so long.  Some people
on this list mix + and -, and some don't.  After testing, if they are negative,
I'd definitely get them vaccinated against FELV, though.  Have they ever been
vaccinated against it before?
There are lots of people here who know more about FELV than I do.  I just
wanted you to know someone's out here listening, someone cares, and you aren't
alone.

This is a great list, welcome.