What wonderful, and, sadly, rare good news!  Long happy life to Minstrel
and congratulatory hugs to you.

Diane R.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 7:45 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Overjoyed

Just wanted to bring a positive note to you all.

I took my FeLV girl Minstrel to the vet last week to check her mouth cos
she was showing dental signs. I'd had her checked at New Year just
before Buddy (FIV+) passed away and her gums were a little inflammed but
not severe. Last Friday she had 3 wobbly teeth and red gums so she'd had
root infection travel down. The vet said the pathology looked like what
any cat can get and not specifically just related to FeLV. She had 5
teeth out on Tuesday and came home trying to get in the bag of cat
biscuits bless her - but she is eating well soft food complete with
antibiotics sprinkled over and some painkiller for couple of days.
Anyway, whilst she was having pre-op bloods taken I asked them to
re-check her FeLV status as I know occassionally cats can rid themselves
of the virus and I just wanted to know either way. The vet phoned this
morning whenthe blood results came back from the lab and Minstral is now
FeLV negative :-) I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I think I'll
be opening the champagne tonight. I could now even consider introducing
a new cat into the house (would obviously have to be FeLV - though but
would mean Minstrel has company when I'm at work - and helping any cat
is better than helping none. Need to book leave from work and consider
carefully before that though - but what a nice surprise.

hugs and good wishes to all your kitties xxx

Michelle, Minstrel, Angel Buddy & Angel Bramble

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour
<http://info.aol.co.uk/homepage/>  now.

be privileged.
received this
transmission from