WOW Michelle that is Great news!! It is nice to hear good news for once.I wish
more ans more of them could retest neg.
  Sherry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Just wanted to bring a positive note to you all.

I took my FeLV girl Minstrel to the vet last week to check her mouth cos she
was showing dental signs. I'd had her checked at New Year just before Buddy
(FIV+) passed away and her gums were a little inflammed but not severe. Last
Friday she had 3 wobbly teeth and red gums so she'd had root infection travel
down. The vet said the pathology looked like what any cat can get and not
specifically just related to FeLV. She had 5 teeth out on Tuesday and came home
trying to get in the bag of cat biscuits bless her - but she is eating well
soft food complete with antibiotics sprinkled over and some painkiller for
couple of days. Anyway, whilst she was having pre-op bloods taken I asked them
to re-check her FeLV status as I know occassionally cats can rid themselves of
the virus and I just wanted to know either way. The vet phoned this morning
whenthe blood results came back from the lab and Minstral is now FeLV negative
:-) I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I think I'll be
 opening the champagne tonight. I could now even consider introducing a new cat
into the house (would obviously have to be FeLV - though but would mean
Minstrel has company when I'm at work - and helping any cat is better than
helping none. Need to book leave from work and consider carefully before that
though - but what a nice surprise.

hugs and good wishes to all your kitties xxx

Michelle, Minstrel, Angel Buddy & Angel Bramble
  AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.