  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:31 AM
  Subject: More vaccine info/resources

  More vaccine info from the FIP group...
  caroline
   Hi all,

  > I did notice on this list and general feline health lists that "flu
  boosters" can cause adverse reactions in cats and in some cases might
  have triggered FIP. Please ask your vet to report each adverse reaction
  as I'm pretty sure adverse reactions are under reported. Your vet should
  make a note in your cat's medical file when your cat doesn't seem to
  support well some type/brand of vaccine.

  > Please don't over vaccinate your cats and ask only for core vaccines
  unless there is a good reason to use a non-core vaccine. Most core
  vaccines are effective for at least 3 years so it's not really necessary
  to give a yearly vaccine. Remember that your vet should perform a health
  check-up before vaccination and never vaccinate cats that don't seem to
  be healthy.

  > Here are some good links on vaccination and guidelines. After reading
  those you might want to assess together with your vet which vaccines
  your cat really needs and how frequent your cat should get them.

  > http://www.fabcats.org/owners/vaccination/info.html
  >
  > http://www.fabcats.org/cat_group/policy_statements/vacc.html
  >
  > http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cat_flu/vaccination.html
  >
  > http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cat_flu/limping_syndrome.html
  >

  > Kind regards,
  > Marleen

  Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix". Check it out.