I put a couple out for an outside cat (his choice, not mine) when it was close to zero. They stayed warm for 8 hours......not hot but enough to keep him comfortable in the shelter I provided for him..........Don't even ask about the better shelters offered. Cats!!!!
On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Kelley Saveika wrote:

Those things are awesome! You can even get different cute covers for them:)

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?PGGUID=D8EC2CC0-1282-457B-BA0C-B2A4476FE578&ccd=IFP003&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_content=36313,36314

On 2/11/08, Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Consider getting a Snuggle Safe (microwavable gel disk that holds heat for
up to 12 hours) to slip under his blanket.   He'll love it.

On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:

I think that sounds like a well-informed decision, taking into account the unique factors of your household. I think that is all we are really looking for people to with the new vaccination info we are learning more about each day anyway-- to just be more informed and not just go instantly with what a vet says and to take the individual needs and circumstances of the cat, and
it's household, into consideration.

So, kudos to you Lynne!  You are doing right by BooBoo.

Caroline

________________________________
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: More vaccine info/resources
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:56:04 -0500

Thanks Marlene for all this information.  I always have had our cats
vaccinated but with BooBoo, I honestly don't think I'm going to have any done with him. He's between 4 and 6 years of age, has feline leukemia, is becoming anemic and will never step outside of a house again. He doesn't want to anyway, not even into the patio for some fresh air. It's too cold and mostly he sleeps. He may want to in the spring but he isn't going to be subjected to any animal with diseases. Our 19 year old wants nothing to do with him and by choice they spend their time in different parts of the house with their own litter boxes, food dishes etc. I just don't want to take any risks with this little guy. The most I'm going to do is consider immuno
regulin for him.  His vet is looking into it this week.

Lynne