El,

I have been following this list for some time now, and find that there are
great people here with excellent information.  I give great thanks to the
people on this list for their dedication to saving the "unwanted'.  (I myself
currently have 14 cats that have "found a home" here.)  All of which I have
spayed/neutered and brought back to health.

I have a website on Transfer Factor that you can go to and get a great amount
of information.  It is www.powerbod.com/us/karengriffith   There are several
brands of Transfer Factor, but this is the type that I have found that has the
most extensive research behind it as well as the most beneficial effects on
FeLV cats.

You can read the information on what Transfer Factor does on the first page,
and then you can go to the page for "Veterinary Medicine and Transfer Factor".
It has a lot of info on the immune supporting capabilities of Transfer Factor.

Colostrum is very good as a supplement, but the Transfer Factor is more
targeted.  It takes close to 60 colostrum pills to equal the immune benefits of
one Transfer Factor Plus Tri Factor.

I would also encourage you to read the page for "Treating Chronically Ill
Patients", as it will give you an idea of the benefits to humans....This helped
me to more readily understand the benefits to our animals.

If you have any questions on nutrition or care for you kitties, you are more
than welcome to call me at 740-992-5782.  This goes for anyone on the list.  I
certainly don't have all of the answers (as does anyone with this aggravating
disease), but hopefully can help to guide you, along with your veterinarians,
to a successful outcome on your new babies.  I am also willing to speak with
your veterinarians, if you so wish.  I have a passion for saving these FeLV
cats that are most often sentenced to death.  They can, in most cases, live a
long happy life.

The type of Transfer Factor I use for FeLV kitties is the human form.  If your
decide to order from the company, order the Transfer Factor Plus Tri Factor.  I
just use one pill a day unless there is a major crisis and then may use two.
Only once in the most severe of cases have I used 2/day.  I have found the
human formula much more effective than the feline formula.  The wonderful thing
is that here are no adverse side effects and it will help with many of the
other problems found in FeLV.

I am an Animal Scientist (Ohio State University) with a specialty in animal
nutrition and physiology.  I am always willing to speak with anyone on the list
about their sweet babies that are having problems.  It is easiest to reach me
after 9pm EST.  (I have a very slow internet connection (rural area), so it is
best to call me.)

Looking forward to speaking with you if you have any questions.

Karen Griffith
Karen Griffith Farms
34440 State Route 7
Pomeroy, Ohio 45769