Wintson will wink one or both eyes at times (it hasn't happened for a long
time, knock on wood) and his eyes would get red rimmed. This was usually
associated with a stressful event (eg vet visit). L-lysine always does the
trick. He also has acne and I give L-lysine when that occurs.
  From: wendy
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 12:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Eye Problems

  Hi Susan,

  When it comes to eyes, I can't swear enough by Lysine.  If your kitty is over
a year old, you can give her 500 mg 2x a day of the Lysine (pure/no additives)
mixed into her wet food until it's completely healed.  You can get it at a
health food store.  My Smookie could not get rid of the ulcer in her eye no
matter what the vet gave her (like 3 or 4 different meds! and she had already
lost one eye before we adopted her, so it was serious!!!), but the lysine
knocked out that ulcer within 10 days or so.  It's great stuff for viruses!

  :)

  Wendy

  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade
~~~