Hello All,
I just got off the phone with Sally Foster. Old timers may remember her from the list. We became friends years ago when I first joined the list and Sally was kind enough to offer me her phone number so I could cry on her shoulder. Sally has been doing TNR and rescuing cats for years. She's always been so helpful and compassionate and I guess a little too open. She got into a discrepancy with one of her new foster parents about the best way to care for kittens she placed with them and suspects that they were the ones that turned her into animal control. Yes, here we go with another nightmare. I think she said she had one officer visit the first time, (they didn't enter the house, just talked with her about the conditions), then they returned this week with a second officer and came inside. They were making noises like the conditions were too crowded, but they didn't indicate what might be coming next. I know that Sally has dealt with ac before and that she has some sort of blessing from them to do rescue, I don't remember if it's an actual permit or just verbal.

Sally was wondering if I had contact info for rescues or individuals in the bay area that might be able to help her foster cats. Sally's computer is down so any communication will have to be by phone or through my email. Sally's phone number is 408-365-0330 if you think you might be able to lend her some support or suggestions. I'm sure that even some kind words would be appreciated at this point. She's so disheartened thinking that people she trusted may have put her cats in jeopardy. Sally is especially concerned about 3 of her charges, that while asymptomatic, have tested positive... One is a friendly, outgoing orange tuxy/tabby boy that has tested pos for fiv. A marking on his face looks like a Mercedes Benz emblem so she's been calling him Benz. The other two are littermates that tested pos for felv about 2 weeks ago. They are 7 mos old. The little boy had swollen glands and the little girl had runny eyes, but since she's started them on feline interferon injections they are symptom free and playful. She's a long haired tortie and he's an orange tuxy/tabby.

Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you guys when I've been away from the list for so long. Please cross post to anyone that you think might be able to help. I do miss you all and wish you so many blessings. Some day I hope to have the strength and energy to participate the way I used to.
Nina