Nina,

SHE HAS TO MOVE THE CATS.  I don't care if she has to board them, or
whatever, but if AC has been there, they ARE COMING BACK.  For that matter
if I absolutely had to I would let them outside to keep AC from getting
their evil hands on them, but that would be a last resort...

Please, for the safety of the cats, she has to move them.

Of course I am not in that area....but if she needs a shoulder to cry on I
can call her tonight.  When will AC leave rescuers alone....

Kelley

On 3/11/08, Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I just got off the phone with Sally Foster.  Old timers may remember her
> from the list.  We became friends years ago when I first joined the list and
> Sally was kind enough to offer me her phone number so I could cry on her
> shoulder.  Sally has been doing TNR and rescuing cats for years.  She's
> always been so helpful and compassionate and I guess a little too open.  She
> got into a discrepancy with one of her new foster parents about the best way
> to care for kittens she placed with them and suspects that they were the
> ones that turned her into animal control.  Yes, here we go with another
> nightmare.  I think she said she had one officer visit the first time, (they
> didn't enter the house, just talked with her about the conditions), then
> they returned this week with a second officer and came inside.  They were
> making noises like the conditions were too crowded, but they didn't indicate
> what might be coming next.  I know that Sally has dealt with ac before and
> that she has some sort of blessing from them to do rescue, I don't remember
> if it's an actual permit or just verbal.
>
> Sally was wondering if I had contact info for rescues or individuals in
> the bay area that might be able to help her foster cats.  Sally's computer
> is down so any communication will have to be by phone or through my email.
> Sally's phone number is 408-365-0330 if you think you might be able to lend
> her some support or suggestions.  I'm sure that even some kind words would
> be appreciated at this point.  She's so disheartened thinking that people
> she trusted may have put her cats in jeopardy.
>
> Sally is especially concerned about 3 of her charges, that while
> asymptomatic, have tested positive...  One is a friendly, outgoing orange
> tuxy/tabby boy that has tested pos for fiv.  A marking on his face looks
> like a Mercedes Benz emblem so she's been calling him Benz.  The other two
> are littermates that tested pos for felv about 2 weeks ago.  They are 7 mos
> old.  The little boy had swollen glands and the little girl had runny eyes,
> but since she's started them on feline interferon injections they are
> symptom free and playful.  She's a long haired tortie and he's an orange
> tuxy/tabby.
>
> Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you guys when I've been away
> from the list for so long.  Please cross post to anyone that you think might
> be able to help.  I do miss you all and wish you so many blessings.  Some
> day I hope to have the strength and energy to participate the way I used to.
> Nina

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*