last i heard, they haven't REALLY established a dosage--originally, it was
said that you couldn't overdose on it, cuz it's an amino acid, and the body
will just expel what it doesn't use. then there was this whole thing about,
no, no, cats don't process it the same way as other entities, and it can
kill them......

i BELIEVE that the winn feline foundation has a research project going on
right now to ascertain exactly the most effective dosage...... what i was
told originally was 250 mg/day, then between 250 and 500mg, then 500 for
every day and up......

i had never seen, anywhere, any reference to their being a fatal dosage in
cats until it referenced on the list where i read about the winn feline
foundation study, nor have i ever heard anything about it since, so i would
expect that 500 would work just fine.... (tho in multiple cat situations,
how exactly one is to ensure that is the issue: at the sanctuary, we weren't
exactly able to see if everyone drank exactly the same amount of water to
get their therapeutic dosage daily--but we DID see a significant decrease in
herpes outbreaks, so we drew out own conclusions. so much for science.)

MC