What a difficult situation, my heart goes out to you. When I got my Calawalla, she was 6 months old, a pretty little calico girl kitten, just off the street. I couldnt' believe she would ever die, but she did at about 3 yrs old. I kind of feel like if they make it past 3, they're gonna be ok, but just my experience. I did keep Calawalla isolated from the others, meticulously, for about 6 months. Then I did decide to mix Calawalla with my other non-FELV cats, and it worked out fine for me. They had been vaccinated, but I think a healthy adult immune system does a lot whether they're vacc'd or not. I added another FELV cat to the mix, and they were all great buddies. I really don't think it's as contagious as we hear. I have a friend who also acquired a kitty that tested positive - she uses interferon alpha daily, and mixes with another non-FELV cat, and works for her. She's made it past the 3 year mark, and everyone's doing fine.

Not saying that you should necessarily do this,something to consider - and others here don't do that, but several of us do and find it works.

If you choose to find another home for your sweet kitty, I'm sure in that Michigan area where you live, or NJ/PA, that you can find someone to take and love Binxy.

Best of luck and hope this gives you help in some way.

Gloria