You know, there are probably thousands and thousands more undiagnosed cats
then diagnosed ones.  What matters most for these little ones, at least in
my opinion, is the overall care and love they get.  If they're safe, not
hungry, and in general good health-that's half the battle.  The rest is
great and I do give my some higher quality foods but everyone just does the
best they can.  I'm not sure frightening this disabled woman would help Jack
in the long run.  There are decent foods at the supermarket and my guess is
that these kitties also get tastes of human food as well.  Perhaps talking
to her about supplementing their kitty food with some plain chicken or beef
or even veggies when she has extra wouldn't hurt.  Listen, my family had 3
cats who lived to 23, 22, 24 and they survived on 9 Lives and human food!

Explaining FELV or FIV is tricky because people think aids or leukemia.
Maybe just saying that Jack's got a virus that makes him more prone to
develop infections, etc. would be less frightening.  Do you know how old the
kitties are?

Christiane Biagi

914-632-4672

Cell:  914-720-6888