From: Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Felvtalk] like seeing a ghost
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 6:20 PM

Most of you know about my experience with BooBoo, the Felv positive who died
after owning him for only a month.  It was without a doubt the most tragic
thing I have ever been through in my life..  Not long after that we got a
rescued persian Snowball who was neglected and in foster care for 4 months
because she was so ill.  She has feline herpes virus, not active and is
absolutely thriving now.

Tonight my husband calls me out to the front yard, and who is sitting there?
BooBoo's son.  I don't know if he is Felv positive or not.  Just as BooBoo was,
he has sores on his head, matted fur, dirty ears and most likely fleas.  I feel
like I'm experiencing our tragedy all over again.  If I knew he was not
positive, I would take him inside right now and those despicable people would
never see him again.  Odd how he has chosen our house to hang around.  The
owners were warned about taking care of their cats and I know all I have to do
is call this field worker at the humane society and he will come and pick him
up.  I just don't know what to do.  I could never subject Snowball to any harm,
not after what she went through prior to living with us but I don't want to see
this little guy suffer either.  If this kitty is Felv positive, perhaps a
rescue would take him.  I simply could not afford the emotional and financial
devestation we
 experienced watching BooBoo die.  I'm totally confused right now.