Michelle, when I purchased Boo I was told he had his vaccinations.  I loved
this cat so much I just wanted him at any cost and didn't bother asking for
proof.  When we took him to our vet to be cleaned up we found out he was
positive.  From that point on it was all downhill.  Within 2 weeks we were
taking him to have his lungs aspirated because he couldn't breathe. He was put
on interferon but the vet had told me it was probably too late.  He was
scheduled for a blood transfusion but didn't make it to that point.  I was so
hurt and angry I called the Humane Society and told the field worker that they
were selling all of their Himilayans because the owner could no longer take
care of them due to illness and I was worried about other people running into
the same problem as we did.  He investigated them and told them they were
responsible for informing any other new owners of the possibility of their cats
being infected.  I don't know what happened.  He did come to my place as well
to see our Snowy as is their policy to make sure we were suitable owners.  He
was not at all happy with Boo's owners as they played ignorance and basically
accused us of causing his problems and insisted he was healthy when we got him.
 Well he wasn't and I'm certain they knew this.  I will call this man and tell
him what is going on and he will go and see them.  He warned them he would be
back.  I have seen this cat in the window almost daily on my way to work but
obviously they have let him out and he has been in fights.  Boo was a very
gentle smallish guy and no doubt got the disease from another cat in the
neighborhood.  Honestly if this cat were to test positive he would be better
off dead than to live with them.  They do not believe in vets and he would die
a horrible death like Boo did.  Our humane society has loosened their policy of
euthanizing all positives and some of the shelters now take them.  This cat
seems to be quite frisky and definitely needs to be groomed and have his nails
trimmed for sure.  I will not let him wonder the neighborhood and like I
mentioned, if he comes around again my husband has decided to call the field
worker, have him tested and I'm betting we could have him if we wanted. I will
call this man tomorrow and let him know what's happening.  He will pay a visit
to them and examine the cat.  He has to if I lodge a complaint.  I live in
Ontario Canada and most of the shelters in my city are full so if he is
positive I'm not sure what would happen to him.  I can only pray he isn't and
just needs a good home where people take care of him.

Lynne