From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 5:16:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Seizures?

Hi,

I don't think you could substitute steroids for phenobarbital as steroids don't
have a sedating effect, more of an anti-inflammatory effect. I know valium is
sometimes prescribed in addition to phenobarbital for seizures. We were so
fortunate to find a great veterinary neurologist for our cat. The first two
vets we went to said to euthanize the cat but I refused to and I searched out
the neurologist and he acted like the seizures weren't such a huge deal. I love
him!

Please let us know what you find out when you get the lab results. You may
actually have a physically healthy cat that just needs time to recover from
psychological distress. Prozac may be helpful to him.

Michele