that is my problem, rural area about 2hrs drive from St. Louis, with no no kill
sanctuary.  i don't know about your area, but around here, a bullet is cheaper
and easier than dealing with the animal is the general opinion.  they all think
i am nuts for taking in stray cats and dogs.  ly take them in, but bring them
in my house and take them to the vet and spend all that money!  dorlis