Hey Tonya, I might try some Azithromycin.  It's become my latest
discovery to try for the unknown. I've used it mostly in cats/kittens
with problem eyes.  I've read that some abx are said to affect Herpes,
because of the relationship between the two amino acids lysine and
arginine.  The zithro is more expensive, so that might be a
deterrent.  IT's liquid, as are amoxi and clinidamycin, so you have to
be able to squirt it in the mouth.

Good luck,

Gloria