Please check with a holistic vet if that fits into your belief system
and feed the absolute best diet you can.  It does not have to be the
most expensive, but one full of vitamins (C especially--grind up
veggies and mix with the food).  Avoid grains.  Stick with this
group.  People don't always agree and belief systems vary but the
information and support is great and will help you find your way.