I am one who mixes, and I take NO precautions except that I keep my negatives
vaccinated.
  tonya

Sharyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Lisa, I don't think any of us can tell you what is the right thing to do.  I
rescued 2 dumpster kittens early this year.  Both were kept in the garage until
vetted.  Both tested positive.  Then I rescued a 3rd kitten from the colony.
She tested negative.  I kept Sissy and Rocket in the garage until I was able to
give Stormie all her shots including the FeLV vaccine and booster.   I got my
other 2 indoor kitties current on their FeLV  vaccine.

Since it was getting hot here I moved Sissy and Rocket into my
bathroom/bedroom.  They are both asymptomatic.  I eventually introduced them to
my other 3 indoor kitties.  So far no problems.

I know others on this list have always mixed their kitties while some have
never mixed them.  Each of us has to make the decision on what is best for
their kitties.

By the way I now have 4 positive dumpster kittens in the garage that I rescued
this fall.  Mattie is blind, CJ only has sight in one eye and the other 2 seem
fine.  They were 4 weeks old when I found them.  Just couldn't leave them there
to die.  I have added a 6' x 12' chicken wire enclosure to the garage.  So far
they are doing fine.  5 cats in the cottage is all I have room for.  I'm still
hoping to find a forever home for Bright Eyes and Houdini.
Sharyl