Gary,

You are right about the studies not being long enough. The company is still
testing the drug. It may be possible though your vet to get it as part of a
trial. I have no idea what is involved. I have heard from someone on another
group  that her vet used to be in the trial for immulan and he feels the
drug is useful. He continues to use it for FELV cats. He however opted not
to continue with the studies because of the issue you bring up.

Sue I am not sure about a cat who critically ill whether this would pull
them out. Is it the anemia that is the problem, if so would a transfusion
buy you some time so you can get this treatment? When my Felv kitties
crashed they crashed hard. The choice was easy then, not to have them
suffer. I was lucky to have been able to buy Junior 1.5 years of time with
us. He did not suffer.

Sally