De: Sally Davis <putty...@gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: [Felvtalk] Anemia
Para: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Data: Sábado, 17 de Janeiro de 2009, 23:16

HI Graca

I do not know what tests have been done. It is possible your cat has
hemobartenella, which often causes  amemia in feline leukemia infected cats.
They often test negative for this and you should just treat as if the cat
has it. Normal treatment is 3 weeks of doxycycline and prednisone. If a
transfusion is needed until treatment starts to be effective then I would
advise the transfusion.  My cat was treated for this in the beginning and
was not anemic after that. Of course he had his share of other problems.

Best of luck

Sally

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com