Hemobartenella, comes from a flea bite. Cats with feline leukemia are
particularliy succeptible. Here is a link explaining

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1692&S=1&SourceID=42

Hope kitty feels better soon.

Sally

On 1/17/09, Graca Azevedo <mg4...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Sally,
>
> Thank you very much for sharing your experience.   Maybe my cat got
> hemobartenella when I took him out of the house for two ultrassonagraphies
> last month.  He does not like going out.  Today he had a blood test and a
> radiography.  I will talk to my vet about the prescription of doxycline and
> prednisone.
>
> All the best.
>
> Graça Azevedo

Sally(me), Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soul mate
angel), Lionel(angel),Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little Black,
Lily, Daisy, Pewter, Junior Junior, Hotdog (newest) Silver,
and  Spike  Please Visit my Message board for some pictures. You are welcome
to sign up.