transfusions work and they don't work.  when my red count got to 3.4, the
doctor ordered transfusions in addition to procrit.  they did not work because
the Gemzar was wiping out my bone marrow and it could not produce cells faster
than the Gemzar was killing them off.  the only solution was to stop the chemo.
 i then bounced back and didn't look like a ghost.  if meds are not causing the
low count, then i would ask a lot of questions before i would do this to my
baby.  sometimes the cure is worse than the illness.  it is hard, you want them
to hang on because you do not want to lose them.  that is the way it was with
my father.  i wanted so for him to live and i think he kept trying to for me.
finally, he just could not go on anymore.  he kept asking me if i was getting
tired of taking care of him.  cats can't ask us if we are tired of taking care
of them, we just have to pay attention to them and read their body language.
dorlis