Hello Sue :-)

One of my cats, Puma was diagnosed as FeLV+ in January 2009, and he is
currently on the medication.

He is still on his 2nd month (shot every other week), so I don't know the long
term effect of this medication yet, but

after the 3rd shot in the first month, I noticed that he started to eat more
and became more active.

I wanted my vet to do the blood test after the 3rd shot, but my vet wanted to
wait, so I don't know

how much the medication is helping in actual numbers (red cell count, etc...)
yet, but from what I observe so far,

I'm hopeful...I mean...the medication may or may not cure FeLV, but at least it
seems to be helping Puma's anemia (When I brought Puma to this vet for the
first time in Jan. 2009, I was told that he has severe anemia and his liver &
kidney are failing because of FeLV)

As for cost, I pay $85 for each visit. $60 for shot + $25 for administering the
shot.

Imulan's recommendation is to give the shot every week for the first month (but
4th one is optional), every other week for the second month, and every month
after that.  (upto 6th month) (So...1st month - 3 shots, 2nd month - 2 shots,
3rd/4th/5th/6th month - 1 shot = 9 shots)

English is not my first language, so let me know if there is anything that is
not clear - I will do my best to re-explain.

I'm farely new to this group, but all of you has been helping Puma & me a lot
(especially emotionally), so whatever I could do to help others, I would love
to!!!

Hiromi Page