> i think you owe it to others who
> adopt from this shelter and the shelter itself to tell them
> about this.  maybe they don't realize that they should
> test all cat coming to them and maybe they are staffed by

Hello,
I spoke to the volunteers of the shelter about my cat, but the situation has
gotten worse. They says they informed me he was not tested and I remember
clearly they did not. So, we are on opposite sides.
However, they now do test their cats, even if I think that those tests cannot
be accurate 100% due to the living situation in a shelter, where many cats are
together and diseases can be spreaded easily.

The situation in my home is:
Trudi, FIV- FeLV+, with dermatitis and stomatitis. She seem better than before,
but not ok. She has a check-up scheduled for next saturday.
Ginny, negative for both.
Babette, negative for both and under vaccination just now (she got the first
shot and on saturday she will receive the second one). I hope everything is
well.
Miro, FIV and FeLV+, under this last two weeks has developed a serious illnes
that can be something of the liver or FIP! This was the final stroke, for me.
I'm very very sad. The vets suspect FIP or another disease and we sent a sample
of its abdominal liquid for a PCR.
Does anyone have info about FIP?
I have read a lot and discovered that it's very difficult to diagnose, so maybe
he has another disease and it's better to treat him for them.
I know that FIP has no cure.

Stefania