Yeah, the vet does know about it.  He threw it up and she said that means it
was recently ingested.  She said we can look at his belly today if we want but
she said she felt while we were there and his belly felt fine.  I read, and so
did she, that one of the main reasons cats eat litter is because of anemia and
we already know that's going on.  I've lost the majority of my leuk positives
over the years the same way.  Either anemisa or tumors.  We do full blood
workups every 6 months to try to keep an eye on anemia but I've never been able
to bring one back yet once the hematocrit starts dropping quickly.  I expected
him to live longer because I've lost most of my guys with hematocrits between
7-13 and his is 23.  This guy is fading, though, and I think he's probably had
enough.  I'm just trying to decide if I want to do bloodwork and radiographs or
if I want to just let him go peacefully without disturbing him any further.  I
have no doubt that the
 leukemia has just taken it's toll on him :(

He also has Bartonella and despite numerous treatments, has not been able to
shake it.  We couldn't figure it out because any other cats I've treated have
responded quite well.  This guy's numbers actually got worse after treatment so
I'm thinking his body just doesn't have the means to cope with fighting it off.

Amy