Sandra,
1st thank you for taking in Penny.  Mixing is such a personal decision.  Like
other I mix my positives and negatives.  My negatives all had their FeLV
vaccine and booster one month later before I mixed them.  My positives were
kittens when I rescued them and never threw off the virus.  They were born with
it.  Older cats do not seem to be as susceptible to the virus or at least seem
to have a better chance to throw off the virus.

My oldest positives are going on 2 yrs old and the youngest is almost 1.  You
would never know Rocket was a positive kitty.  Sissy, her sister, has always
have swollen lymph glands.  Mattie, the baby, is blind and a ball of energy.
They play and eat with my negative kitties.  So far so good.

Hugs to Penny and Stella
Sharyl