From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lance
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:42 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] eye (pupils) changes and transport

Hello List,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, and I must admit
that I haven't been keeping up with posts for quite awhile. Some of
you may remember that I have an FeLV+ named Ember. She's still with
me, though I have noticed something different lately, and I have
another question about transporting her.

In the last week or so, I've noted that Ember's pupils are sometimes
not the same size. I did a search for anisocoria and found nothing in
the archives. Has anyone seen this occur in their cats? It seems to be
similar to how headaches are in people... could be just normal stuff
all the way up to being a really serious issue. The articles seem to
indicate that this can happen with viral infections like FeLV, but
other than low wbc, there aren't any symptoms. It doesn't really make
sense.

Ember's last CBC had an especially low white blood cell count... I
think it was 4.2. She's been on interferon ever since testing positive
in 2006, and while I'd taken her off DMG, she's going back on it as
soon as I get my shipment.

Also, it looks like I'm going to be moving back to Madison, Wisconsin.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get Ember to our new home.
I'm willing to pay to fly the both of us up (with her being in the
cabin with me), but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas or
tips they'd be willing to share. I know that transport is frequently
done by so many of you, which is why I ask this here.

My best to all of you and your cats,

Lance