Hi Merlin,
You have already received lots of good advise.  I would not be concerned about
the minimal casual contact Patches had at your friends house.  Most agree the
virus only lives for minutes/hours outside the body.

Many of us mix positives and negatives.  My negatives are vaccinated for FeLV
and I have mixed them for almost 2 yrs.

I won't repeat what the others have said but please tell your friend it is not
nearly as contagious as some vets say.
Sharyl