From: janine paton <patonjan...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] OT:help w/post traumatic stress in cat?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 5:11 PM

Jeepers.  I'm so sorry for this cat!  I have a FIV+ named Whitey who'd been hit
by a car a few winters ago.  Disappeared for a week, feeders thought he was
dead.  Long story short, he now lives in my bedroom (only because he doesn't
play nice with others) but oh boy, does he love us.  Broken jaw and paralysis
on one side of his face.  Can not open his mouth more than a quarter of an
inch.  He is physically a little akward, too.  For two years at least, he
startled awake out of a sound sleep when hearing a loud car or truck.  NOT
jumping as high as your kitty, and he doesn't have beebees in him, but now he
is starting to relax more, and sleep through loud motor noises.

There's a drug called cyproheptadine (maybe used for allergies?) we use
sometimes to relax just a little, maybe at night would be a good time.   Also
increases appetite, sort of useful for cancer patients.  Also, Bach flower
rememdies come in more than rescue rememdy, although rescue rememdy might do
it.    If you go to a health food store, or online, you can pick out a few to
use in his water that may fit his issues.

Janine