Tamara, I've never seen it in cats...but I HAVE seen it in people....you feel
totally helpless to help, I'm sure.  How about something like amytriptaline
before bedtime?  You can have it compounded into a transdemal application
(where you just rub the prescribed amount into the inside of the ear so it's
not as traumatic as pilling.  I will be anxiously awaiting input here from
others...poor little fellow....

Debbie (COL)
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"  Philo