Crystal, if it is just those two cats in the colony then fixing and returning
them is a good option.  It sounds like they are well fed.

I have used a large carrier for trapping.  I tie a strong string to the door,
place food inside and pull the door shut when they go in to eat.  You would
want to practice at home 1st.  I put a small piece of wood under the front so
the grass doesn't prevent the door from pulling shut.  I use warm chicken (no
bones or skin) and leave a trail to the carrier.  You might want to do this for
a few days before you want to trap them to get them used to eating the chicken
and following it into the carrier.
Good Luck
Sharyl