Funny I said the same thing when my sweet Albert was dx with severe periodontal
disease, advanced CRF, went into CHF and was dx with severe HCM all within 30
days.  Thank goodness it wasn't his sister Pequita.  She'd never tolerate
getting sub q fluids let alone all the pills.

Of course we immediately took her in for a senior wellness check and she was dx
with stage 1 CRF.  She has been getting fluids for 2 yrs now and is a little
angel.  Pills are another issue.  I have yet to successfully pill her.  She
either gets liquid meds or I crush them and put them in meat baby food.  They
do surprise you once in a while.  She just turned 17 and still isn't a lap
kitty.  Does like to lay on my feet.
Sharyl