This past week, my one year old FeLV+ kitty (Tommy) started pawing at the left
side of his face. I suspected an ear infection, so I took him to his holistic
vet. His ears were clean and had no inflammation. The ONLY thing she saw was
some inflammation around one of his back teeth where some enamel was rubbing
off. She told me this was common, and the only way to fix it is to have the
tooth removed. My first reaction was, I don't want to put him under anesthesia.
But he seems so withdrawn and depressed, like he's in pain. I just don't know
what to do. I did notice redness along his gum line on both sides of his mouth
as we were looking at his teeth yesterday.

Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Lisa