There has been several cases of rabid bats in Ky. This is a consideration. I have to ask what the odds are of a bat getting in the house, then what are the odds of it biting Copper or Thomas then what are the odds of it being rabid. Each person must decide. Ky accepts titers by the way (a really big surprise given how animals are treated generally here).