There's also some thought that adult cats have enough natural immunity that they don't easily get felv.

Gloria

On Mar 27, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@kvinet.com> wrote:

I'm sure different vets have different opinions....  I like
the one your vet has......... With 14 cats it's very expensive
keeping up with and paying for all these shots.

L.

On 03-27, Laurieskatz wrote:

My vet no longer recommends FeLV vaccine, either. Tessa, my last
rescue, has not been vaccinated for FeLV. She was tested and
isolated before being introduced to the others. I have usually
tested new cats at least twice before introducing to the others. I
don't have any FeLV+ cats living in my house. If I did, I would
vaccinate the others - at least the first shot and first booster.
My vet thinks the first two (30 days apart) will protect for life.