I think people should be aware of where their money goes when they
donate to national charities....  Little of it goes to help animals
and most of it goes to the administrators, who get fat salaries and
never have to see what we rescue people deal with day after day.

The only organizations I give to now are Alley Cat Allies and Alley
Cat Rescue.  I gave to PETA for years, but we all know about them
now, and they don't get a cent from me or most of us who are aware
of what they do to cats!