It seems to be the same all over the country.  Most people really
don't worry about what happens to all those kittens they allow their
pets to have.  They always have money for everything else, but use
the excuse they can't afford to spay their cat, so those poor little
kittens are either dumped or given to anyone who will take them off
their hands.

We live in a rural area and our only animal shelter is the county
shelter, and they just announced they will no long take kittens!
I wonder if they think this will force people to neuter or spay.
It won't of course, and when I think of all those kittens being
born at this time of the year I am devastated.  Not that our
shelter was a good one anyway..... They euthanize by gassing the
animals and then incinerating them. I thought gassing was outlawed
but apparently not. It's heartbreaking.  Sounds like the shelters
in GA are just as bad or worse.