I have to be honest, I am skeptical myself.  In general, it is a group of
individuals looking to find a treatment for AIDS/HIV in people and the cats
were a model for disease (I hate that they do this, but if they do I will
learn everything I possibly can from it).  It is somewhat old so I do not
know what, if anything has come of it, but the results are interesting none
the less.

Here is the website I got this information from, it goes into more detail.
http://www2.arkansas.net/~artg/fi00007.htm
I will email this man Van Dyke and if he responds will keep you updated.

Jenny