From: Gloria B. Lane <gbl...@aristotle.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] update on Whimsy
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, April 16, 2010, 10:05 PM

Interesting.  I'm always a believer in Gentian Violet for ringworm and skin
problems as well as Golden Seal.  I first learned about Gentian Violet because
when my dad was burned in the mid 1940's they used on some of his skin
problems.  Then in the 1950's my grandmother said to use it on ringworm.  Guess
my point is it's an old remedy lol.

Anyhow, I have a siamese mix kitty, Dusty Blue,  who's developed these weird
skin problems that developed over the winter and into spring.  Too much for
Gentian Violet, which rubs purple on it's surroundings; and Golden Seal didn't
work.  One of our vets said "here try this".  And it was miconazole.  So
whenever I see a spot developing on Dusty's back or belly, I head for the
Myconazol.  I don't bathe him in it, just get a wet cloth and put some on it
and then on Dusty.  Works great.  And none of the other cats have gotten "it",
whatever "it" is.  Think it's almost gone.

Gloria