Hi Kathi,

I am so sorry.  It's especially difficult when we wonder if we could have done
more, if we did the right thing, or even sometimes, after the fact might find
we made a mistake.  I'm speaking of me not you, in that regard.

Your main concern was what was best for Ellie, so please take comfort in that.
So many cats don't get the love and care you obviously gave Ellie.   And from
your description, she clearly loved you too!  As time goes on I hope you can
remember the happy, fun memories and make that your memorial for Ellie.

Terry
---- Kathi Clark <kathi_cl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

=============

I had to put my Ellie down this morning.  She was only 4 years old and
developed symptoms on Memorial Day and lasted only 4 days.  A tumor in her
chest was leaking fluid and squeezing her lungs.  I couldn't watch her suffer
any longer so I had her put down this morning.  She was a little love and
purred and looked lovingly at me, even at the end.  What we could learn from
these creatures could fill volumes.  They are so forgiving and don't ask
questions.  They just live for the moment and, therefore, don't miss the moment
like we time-crazed humans do.  I will remember her always.  She was a
beautifully marked little girl with gray and black swirls on her body and white
around her mouth and chin and a butterscotch nose.  I am feeling such guilt,
though, that I didn't resort to any treatment whatsoever.  My vet never
suggested it but I should have looked into it myself......

Kathi